It's never too early to start thinking about what you'll be wearing during that much-needed vacation (the Brazilian bikini, for sure!). And from our experience, the bigger your suitcase, more unnecessary things you will put into it. Read 5 tips to pack only essential things for your next beach trip in a carry-on.
1. Clothing countdown - Use the 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 rule to limit yourself. For a weeklong trip, go for no more than six sets of panties and socks, five tops, four bottoms, three pairs of shoes, two dresses and one hat. Throw in an exercise gear or a suit jacket just in case you need them.
2. Shoes - A pair of flip-flops, comfortable sandals and sneakers will do the job. Remember that you will probably spend most of the time with your feet on the sand. To save more space, footwear should be stuffed with socks.
3. Toiletries - Keep it simple and handy. Your toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, and makeup kit should be in a small pouch for easy access, preferably in the outside pockets of the carry-on.
4. Makeup - It can be hard to leave habits behind, but near the ocean, allow your skin to breath some tropical air as well. We encourage you to take only one makeup you can’t live without, but keep in mind that the best makeup is a natural-looking tan. ;)
5. Swimwear - When it comes to picking a swimsuit, there are several different styles to consider such as swimsuit, bikini, monokinis. Just like any other piece of clothing, the swimsuit must make you feel confident and comfortable, while showing your personality. By the way, don’t forget to save a bit of space in your carry-on for a Brazilian swimwear.